The second edition of ProFood Tech (March 26-28, 2019; McCormick Place, Chicago) opens today amidst on-going technology developments and increasing levels of automation in the food and beverage processing machinery market, according to the Taste of Processing Trends Around the World white paper produced by one of the show producers, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
Powered by three of the world’s trade show leaders – PACK EXPO, Koelnmesse (organizer of Anuga) and the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) – this biennial show in Chicago is unprecedented in its ability to bring the industry together and address the key issues facing food and beverage processing operators in North America.
The world market for food and beverage processing machinery is estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 5.5 percent from $47.4 billion in 2017 with a forecast of reaching $58.1 billion in 2020, according to the PMMI white paper. Similarly, the world market for automation equipment in food and beverage machinery is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.2 percent to $4.4 billion by 2020, faster than the total production of food and beverage processing machinery. Factors driving this growth include convenience, changing consumer tastes toward healthier options, a renewed focus on food safety along with the rise of smart manufacturing and digital transformation. ProFood Tech will showcase critical food and beverage industry trends like the increase in automation.
As the most comprehensive food and beverage processing show in North America, over 400 of the world’s top suppliers are showcasing cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions to foster this growth throughout the nearly 110,000 net square foot exhibit hall. In addition, the show features 25 hours of free, on-floor educational programming.
There are many opportunities to learn about the latest technologies and connect with peers:
The ProFood Tech Knowledge Hub, produced by IDFA, is a free educational program featuring a range of learning experiences led by industry thought leaders, located in three venues on the show floor.
- The Impact Zone encourages discussions and sharing of experiences of industry colleagues.
- The Innovation Zone features breakthrough technologies and formulations to spark ideas and uncover fresh opportunities.
- The Disruption Zone delivers sessions on how to make the most of disruptive technologies to meet consumer demands.
Opening Day Reception – Gather with peers and network with fellow industry professionals, today, March 26 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network Breakfast – Hear from women leaders in the industry and connect with peers through networking and shared experiences, Wednesday, March 27 from 8:00 to 9:45 a.m.
ProFood World Awards & Reception
- 2018 Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards – Honors exceptional sustainability achievements within food and beverage manufacturing operations.
- 2019 Manufacturing Innovation Awards – Recognizes outstanding food and beverage processing and packaging innovation projects.
- Awards Reception – Celebrate award recipients and network with leading food and beverage companies in packaging and processing environmental initiatives on Wednesday, March 27 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
The Dairy Bar (Presented by IDFA) – Network with colleagues while sampling delicious dairy products and beverages, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily.
Student Opportunities – Programs to get students excited about careers in processing:
- CareerLink Live – Connects PMMI members and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies with students and veterans pursuing careers in processing.
- Future Innovators Robotics Showcase – Showcases local high school robotics teams’ design, engineering and troubleshooting skills on the show floor.
- Education Pavilion – Gathers students and representatives from schools who have programs related to food and beverage processing.
Cold Pressure Council Annual Conference – Addresses all things High Pressure Processing.
The Dairy Pavilion – Presented by IDFA, presents the latest dairy processing technologies.
With so much to see and learn, create a personal agenda for the show using My Show Planner and download the mobile app, sponsored by Dorner Mfg. Corp., from either the Apple Store or Google Play to search exhibitors, products and educational sessions.
There is still time to register for ProFood Tech 2019. Register online at www.profoodtech.com.